San Diego Association of Car Clubs
The San Diego Association of Car Clubs was established in 1985 to support and promote automobile-related events,hobbyists and collectible vehicle organizations in the San Diego area.
The Car Club Council of Greater San Diego was established in 1985 by a handful of devoted members of our car community.
These local car club members desired anold-car-pic-bentity that would support car clubs and automobile enthusiasts.
A master calendar was established to allow clubs to choose event dates without double-booking on one another. Eventually, an insurance policy was purchased so the clubs could ensure their events without extensive costs.
Today the council has more than 80 members; including clubs, local businesses and organizations that old-car-pic-a support our local car club community.
In 2013 the Car Club Council of Greater San Diego changed their name to the San Diego Association of Car Clubs.
They are San Diego’s original car club council!
Our mission statement:
San Diego’s Car Club Council supports car & truck hobbyists by coordinating the scheduling of car/truck shows, cruising runs, club events and cruise ins. We also encourage the preservation of driving, and showing of old cars or vehicles.
Our meetings are free and open to any and all guests, club members, or individuals who wish to enjoy some time with peers.
Benefits of joining and/or participating in the San Diego Association of Car Clubs:
• Event information/promoting local car shows/events
• A calendar of events for scheduling car related events
• Reports on legislation that effects our hobby
• Event insurance for club members’ events
• In association with and updates from SEMA (Specialty Equipment Marketing Association), HRIA (Hot Rod Industries Association), plus other local and national organizations
• Camaraderie with others with like interests in the automotive hobby
• Enjoyable & informative meetings with an opportunity drawing with an entertaining format
Check out these concept cars!
We meet every 1st Tuesday (excluding January) at the Automotive Museum in beautiful Balboa Park (enter south end - upstairs)
We start at 7 pm Coffee and Snacks Opportunity Drawing Great event and automotive information